Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Personal Credo

     When it comes to my own individual credo I would start by stating that I believe that we as a people need each other to be successful in this life. I believe for this world to become a better place we must be willing to extend a helping hand to our fellow man and not have "I" mindset. Most everyone at sometime or another needs help and that, in my personal opinion, we need to be willing to reach out and give our support and aid. If we cant extend these small favors to people in their time of need then how is this world ever going to make progress. I am not saying that people deserve handouts, as the saying goes "you need to be willing to help yourself before someone will be willing to help you". People must be willing to make an effort and not just take hand-outs. Progress is impossible when half of the people would rather watch everyone else make things better. If you really want to see a better world unfold then get out there and make it happen. Next I believe in unity and coexistence, if you would refuse someone aid because of the color of their skin or the beliefs they believe your just hurting the world and its chances of becoming a better place. Together we stand, Divided we fall.

Exercise Two: I am free writing in response to the essay "Be cool to the pizza delivery dude". This piece of work is something I can truly agree with. It shows some of the things i was trying to describe in my personal credo above. The way the author spoke of the pizza guy resembles the way people should act towards each other. Before you get angry because someone almost ran you off the road remember, you may not know for what reason they are in a hurry. What if they got a call that their child hurt themselves and is in the hospital. People have their own problems and getting angry only creates more problems for everyone. Instead try to find a way to help the situation anyway you can. One small act of kindness can change the flow and direction of someones day. Everyone has a life to live and most people have someone that relies on them. So the next time your stressed over your wi-fi not working just remember that there is someone out there who is stressed because they may not be able feed the ones they love and that your pretty lucky to have what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment