Monday, February 10, 2014

Play-doh aka simple fun. I loved this sticky messy goop as a child. Heck I could still entertain myself for hours on end with this stuff. You can make almost anything with it. I used to know a recipe for it. One thing I do remember about it is that its smell was attatched to you for quite a while once you played with it for a while. Of course I constantly need new play-doh because I would either leave it out for too long and it'd dry and harden or I would put all of the colors together which was fun while you did it till you ended up with a nasty almost blackish colored ball. I always liked to try and make new creatures out of it. I wish I could remember some of the alien-esk things that I created. Where does all the play-doh go though, I had to have had tons of the stuff when i was a child and im sure i wasnt the only one. Im sure its bio-degradeable but im pretty sure that little plastic cup filled with it is not. I'm sure there is a giant heap of play-doh in a land fill somewhere and I need to find this eutopia. The hours upon hours that I could occupy myself with this substance could probably break records. Although I was never that artsy so i'd probably go down in history for creating the biggest ball of play-doh in the world.

I have been gifted a baby shoe. I guess its fitting given the situation unfolding in my life. I am the second oldest of seven cousins that are very close. We have spent every big holiday or event of our lives together. We are almost siblings. I was the first of us to get married but as I found out this weekend not the first to become a parent. My cousin Levi will be a father in approximately 8 months. Now the funny part about this was that he hadnt really told anyone when he first found out about it aside from our grandma. Well ole grandma pam decided that she would let the world know via facebook that she was going to be a great grandmother but failed to mention which of her grand-children it was that was having a baby. Therefor everyone who saw the post and didnt know that it was Levi automatically assumed that it was me and my wife...hence the flood of texts I recieved following this incident. Now some of the other cousins were under suspect, the oldest boston who is only older than me by a few months was also suspect and his sister madison whom is a junior in college. Me and boston were together when we first recieved the news and we figured it out pretty quickly. I got to see Levi and Nikki yesterday and I have to say im pretty excited about this I just hope my wife dosen't take this as a que that we need a baby now.

I bought this baseball hat while I was serving in the military from my shop. Its stitched with the words MCAS Beaufort Crash Crew. This is because I was Crash Fire Rescue aka an aircraft fire fighter. I spent four years of my life doing it and I loved it. We only had a very few emergencies because believe it or not aircraft dont really crash that often but we got to do alot of training exercises with the base fire department on the structural side and we got to play some very cool extrication equipment. We also got to see some very cool aircraft upclose. I got to sit in the cockpit of an F-22 Joint Strike Fighter which is a brand new plane that was just recently integrated into our forces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment